Monday, July 20, 2009

Harbor Fest 2009

























































































































One of the major reasons I was happy about visiting Charleston was that my visit coincided with Harbor Fest which is a celebration of the tall ships. Something I have always wanted to see. Guess you could say they were on my "bucket list". It was so hot and sunny that day but worth it. I took so many pics. You could sail on the ships but most of the trips were sold out. You could also go aboard and tour the ships but the lines were so long I didn't try. I bought a great turquoise hat as a souvenier and because it was so hot I was shading my face. Plus it matched my purse and sunglasses.

The guys hanging in the mast sing and perform but I didn't see that.
I loved the yellow Romanian ship. It was one of the largest. There were ships from Uruguay, Russia, The Netherlands, Germany, France and Romania there. There was a Connecticut coast guard ship. I happened to catch an officer leaving the ship.

The pics speak for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment